I’ve been wanting to try a gluten free recipe for awhile, but was hesitant because my body still reacts negatively to alternative flours. When I found this recipe via Delighted Mama, I had to try.
These Babies Are:
Paleo (no grain, no dairy, hunter-gather LIFESTYLE)
Hubby taste-tested and approved!
1 cup almond butter
1 1/2 cup grated zucchini (~2 whole)
1/3 cup raw honey
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1 Tbs almond meal
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees & line a 9×9 pan with parchment paper.
2. Grate Zucchini. I used the smallest wholes on my box grater.
*Next time I may use a food processor to help speed up the process.
3. Combine all ingredients (expect choco chips & almond meal) in large bowl.
* I used my kitchen-aid stand mixer
4. Combine 1 Cup chocolate chips & almond meal in a separate bowl.
* This helps keep the chips from falling to the bottom of the pan.
5. Add chip mixture to the other ingredients.
6. Pour mixture into a 9×9 parchment paper lined pan.
7. Add 1/2 Cup chocolate chips to the top of the batter.
8. Bake 25-30 minutes (until tooth pick comes out clean) on a center over rack.
*Note I made modifications to the original recipe
For more healthy recipes, be sure to check out the recipe section of Newborn Mama and my pinterest board.