encouraging women to live into the fullness of their created purpose
Quick + Easy Zucchini Noodles (Zoodles)
Before I ever made zoodles, I was under the impression that they were difficult to make and that in order to make them I needed a fancy kitchen appliance that would take up lots of space in my kitchen.
In fear of failing or not having the right gadgets I shied away from the thought of ever making Zoodles.
Little did I know they were EASY to make, and only required one inexpensive tool!
A julienne peeler.
**I purchased ours with giftcard (wedding) credit at Bed Bath and Beyond.
This may also be one of the quickest side dishes I’ve EVER whipped up.
Here is how…
1. After washing your zucchini cut off the bottom to create a flat edge to the otherwise cylinder shaped vegetable. This will help when using the peeler later.
2. Next simply take your julienne peeler place it on top of the zucchini and peel toward your body.
Peel until there is nothing left to peel.
3. Grab a microwave safe bowl, with a microwave safe lid. ((pyrex, and corning ware will do the trick))
Add 1/4 cup of water.
4. Place your zoodles to the watered dish. Cover, and place in the microwave for about 4 minutes.
5. Cook until your desired consistency. If you like really mushy zucchini you may need to add another minute.
..and THAT’s all!
Don’t forget zoodles are paleo, gluten free, guilt free and delicious (if you like zucchini).
Disclaimer: I did NOT come up with this on my own. There are countless tutorials and recipes for zoodles on the www. Just search google and see for yourself! I just wanted to share with a few friends how easy zoddles were to make 🙂