‘Tis the season to be sick, and eat soup.
There is something magical about chicken noodle soup that soothes the soul, mind and body. The combination of onion and garlic + homemade goodness may do the trick. Unfortunately for my household, traditional chicken noodle soup hurts the tummy.
I’ve modified a few classic recipes and put together our favorite go to soup for the fall season.
Gluten FREE Chicken Noodle Soup for the Soul
4 1/2 cups chicken broth
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large chopped onion
2 cloves of fresh garlic (minced)
2 medium carrots chopped
2 stalks sliced celery
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 1/2 cups brown rice noodles
2 cups chopped COOKED chicken
** Don’t forget : this recipe calls for cooked chicken. (cook yours in a pan along side the soup pot)
1. In a large pot combine onion, garlic, and olive oil. Place on medium heat and stir until onions are partly transparent.
2. Pour in broth, carrots, celery , basil, oregano, pepper, and salt. Bring to boil; reduce heat. Simmer, covered for 5 minutes.
3. Stir in noodles, Return to boiling; reduce heat. (( Brown Rice noodles cook just like traditional noodles))
4. Simmer, covered for 8-10 minutes or until noodles are tender, and veggies are slightly tender.
5. Stir in chicken; heat through.
6. Let cool for 5-10 minutes, serve and enjoy.
*original recipe can be found at bhg.com
I know it’s hard to believe but brown rice noodles taste EXACTLY like traditional noodles! They don’t stick either.
Amazon has a good deal on a brand we use often.