The post is sponsored by Pillsbury, all opinions and comments are my own.
I’ve met very few people in life that don’t enjoy chocolate chip cookies.
In fact this year, someone paid $400 in a charity auction for MY famous Chocolate Chip Cookies. I don’t know if the cookies are worth $400 but they are delicious. Unfortunately after discovering my gluten sensitivity and realizing that life without gluten is much more comfortable, I’m forced to opt out of chocolate chip cookies each time I make them.
I personally take pride in ‘from scratch’ cookies, but I have yet to find a gluten free chocolate chip cookie recipe that even comes close to the real thing. Adapting a recipe to become gluten free is a SCIENCE. You can’t just substitute one type of flour for the other. All of you that have tried know that it gets messy, time consuming and there are NO guarantees.
I was skeptical to try the Pillsbury gluten free pre made cookie dough. BUT I’m so glad that I did! My husband knew I didn’t make the cookies from scratch but he had no idea they were gluten free. I made the cookies normally but then decided to add them to a recipe that has become one of our families holiday favorites.
This could be made in a pie dish, a bowl or a truffle dish like I chose.
Estimated time: 3o minutes prep + 2 hour cooling time
8 oz. cream cheese
1/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp. milk
1 small tub Cool Whip
1 5.9oz box instant chocolate pudding
– milk for pudding mix
Optional garnish or nuts, chocolate chips, sprinkles
1. First bake the pillsbury gluten free cookie dough according to the package. I found that they browned quickly, so I kept them in for only 8 minutes.
2. Place cooled cookies at the bottom of your desired dish.
3. Mix together softened cream cheese, sugar, milk and 1/2 cool whip. Once mixed, spread over chocolate chip cookie layer.
4. Mix instant chocolate pudding according to the box. After letting it sit, spread over cream cheese layer. Chill for serval hours. **You CAN probably skip this step if you are pressed for time and are ok with the layers possibly mushing together.
5. Once chilled, crumble about 6 cookies on top of the pudding layer.
6. Spread remaining Cool Whip over the top and garnish with mini chocolate chips or your choice of garnish.
*I adapted a recipe from cooks.com called the best dessert ever.
This is sure to be a big hit with your who family!
Recipes, ideas and more are also available on the special Pillsbury gluten free pinterest page.