Can I tell you about Thieves Cleaner?
I use it for EVERYTHING that needs to be cleaned in my home.
Shortly after I became pregnant with my son (now 3), I started becoming more aware of the harmful chemicals in an average families cleaning cabinet. Not only that, but the hundreds of dollars that I was spending on said chemicals a year. I was disgusted and wanted to make a change (this was well before I ever started using essential oils).
I slowly started switching my cleaning products to a few DIY non-toxic cleaners.
After being introduced to Young Living I started hearing about the ‘thieves’ cleaner. I honestly wrote it off as someone trying to sell me ANOTHER product. Then one day I finally tried it for myself and I became a thieves cleaner believer.
First, lets talk about what’s in it. It’s 100% PLANT and mineral-based ingredients:
- Therapeutic-grade Young Living Thieves and Lemon essential oils for natural cleaning and disinfecting
- Biodegradable cutting agents: sodium methyl 2-sulforlaurate and disodium 2-sulforlaurate (these are rated the best possible score on the environmental Working Group’s health hazard scale)
- Vegetable-based surfactants: alkyl polyglucoside
Second, it’s Extremely Economical:
I have been using Thieves cleaner for a FULL year this month. Guess how many bottles I’ve bought? TWO of the smaller bottles (and I got them highly discounted- wink). Let me explain, Thieves Household Cleaner is a concentrate, so you only need to use about a tablespoon amount and dilute it with water to make an average counter-top spray. If you break it down by the ounce, it comes out to about 88 CENTS per 30oz spray bottle of cleaner. With a Young Living Wholesale Membership it’s actually only 67 a bottle.
I use this stuff to clean anything and everything. Glass, Counter tops, Bathrooms, Floors, Appliances, Deep Cleaning, YOU Name it. So I’m not paying for 15 different bottles of unnecessary cleaners, I’m only buying ONE super efficient, non-toxic cleaner. It also saves me money because I can’t justify those extra trips to target that I went in just to buy cleaner but came out with $80 worth of stuff ( if you shop target, you know what I’m talking about). Does it really kill germs?
Third it WORKS, without unwanted side effects:
I’ve used other non-toxic cleaners that I personally made but they were often soapy or left a film reside. Thieves cleaner doesn’t and it’s extremely effective. Plus it smells amazing! I have to say the best benefit to using a non-toxic cleaner is not having the headache after spending the day cleaning your home. OR The fact that you won’t have to worry about what your children, and pets will be exposed to if they are crawling on the floor after you have mopped.
Outside of a traditional mop bucket, counter tops and mirrors there are a crazy amount of uses for the cleaner.
Here are 4 NEW ways to Use Thieves Cleaner:
- In a Swiffer Wet Jet to quick mop your floors. Wait what? Yes, You can open that little tank up, CLEAN IT out, and rinse :: Then add 1 capful of thieves cleaner and fill the rest with water! Here’s a video how-to.
- Cleaning the Oven. I’ll be the first to admit that I don’t do this on a regular basis. And I never thought I would get the caked on grease stains off of my oven’s front glass. It’s an older oven and has had years of use. I was blown away by the results. I first sprayed it down with thieves cleaner in the heavy grease ratio of 15(water) :1(thieves cleaner) and let sit for awhile. I then took a scotch brite sponge and began scrubbing the oven and as you can see some of the residue came off fairly quickly. I sprayed it down again with the same ratio and hot water. and repeated the process until… it was amazingly clean!
- Cleaning Stainless Steel. I use it on our refrigerator with the general counter top spray dilution ratio (30:1). I find it the most effective when I use a microfiber towel.
- Carpet/ Upholstery Cleaner. 2 small children and 1 large dog, and it’s a sure bet something will spill or someone will excrete onto these two surfaces. I’ve been extremely impressed with the way thieves cleaner takes away odors, stains, and add a multitude of health benefits to these surfaces in our home. I typically use a 30 part water : 1 part thieves cleaner ratio for carpet. I’ve used it with success on our microfiber sofa as well. Check out this awesome how-to.
Fact of the matter is Thieves Household Cleaner can clean practically anything PLUS it’s economic AND one of the safest cleaners on the market. It’s been a staple in our home this past year. If you aren’t already a Young Living member, there are a few easy ways to get your hands on this cleaner. Most people don’t realize this but Young Living has a Thieves starter kit that includes 2 bottles of Household cleaner (and so much more)! If you are interested in learning more about Young Living or becoming a member to receive awesome products like thieves cleaner at wholesale cost, I’d be honored to mentor you through your experience.
Join my growing team by clicking here or email me anytime at tjane dot mackey AT gmail.com
Are you already a Young Living member and thieves cleaner user? How do you use thieves cleaner??